Popular and delicious Swedish pie made with the country’s emblematic Västerbottensost.
- 125 g butter
- 300 ml wheat flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 300 g grated Västerbottensost
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 1 pinch black pepper
Optional: chopped red onion, chives, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Mix the butter and flour in a food processor to a crumbly texture. Add the water and mix into a smooth dough.
- Press the pie dough into a pie dish (24 cm in diameter). Prick the bottom of the shell and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and cream, add the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese filling into the pie shell and bake for about 20 minutes until the pie has set. Allow to cool.
Serve in generous slices, optionally garnished with chives, chopped red onion or some sour cream.